Monday, August 24, 2009

Attacking the Paperwork

The summer is slowly coming to an end against my wishes. I still try to sit on my warn out back deck hoping to soak in a few extra rays. The back of my mind is nagged by some unknown voice saying, "Deal with your paperwork". The nagging little voice will stop the moment I deal with the mounds of receipts, statements and papers with 'good intentions' written all over them. Articles I wanted to read, junk mail with promotions, tax receipts, food receipts, credit card statements, phone statements, bank statements, slips of papers to keep track of my favorite wines and.......

Tomorrow I will wake up at 6:00 a.m. and be prepared like Mohammed Ali was before a fight, to tackle the papers by touching them ONCE and filing, throwing them out or shredding them. I will set up my filing system into 2 sections, one for household receipts and the other for business receipts. I will create folders in either section depending on whether it is work or home related.

I will have to dream about it all night so that I maintain energy all day to see the project to its completion. Tomorrow I will start a new organized paper filing approach!

Good night,

Joanne



1 comment:

  1. Dear Joanne, I will follow your progress with bated breath. You will encourage me to increase my effectiveness as well. I have alot of struggles to overcome in my own system of filing. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete